Monday 20 August 2012

...What to WeaR!!!

Hmmm....Two of my good friends are getting married...yeeei...in SIX days! That's exciting news right? Of course it is...well at least till you're in my shoes!


My friends have been childhood sweethearts (since sunday school times mehn), so this wedding is a big deal and means a lot to them. I'm part of their day...handling protocol among other things. I feel really honored but also feel pressured to look my very best!! Pressured not by my friends, (no they would never do that), but by my own self. It's like my small wedding gift to them (corny i know ;-). )


Turquoise green and white...that's the colour theme! I drove round all day today looking for a dress, a fascinator, anything worth wearing! It didnt help that it's a holiday today (yesterday was Eid Ul something..not sure which one...given that i worked a 12 hour shift, have NO idea what went down- all i heard and saw from the windows of my ward as i did rounds where people on motor bikes tooting horns loudly as is done if Ghana won a football match or if some political party won elections!)...drove round in vain, eventually came home with foodstuff rather than a dress and accessories!

Thinking of this dress in turquoise-green(love the fring/ruffle work going on there) plus gold/glassbead accessories! and yellow high-heeled pumps! Whachya think?  Too traffic-lightISH?

2 comments:

  1. I actually really like that dress, very simple yet elegant enough for a wedding without overdoing it... The accessories look great too and really compliments the color theme for the wedding. I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mama. lol. Left a note on ur blog. it's a bit cobwebby on there u know. go dust it. How's my cute son-in-law doing? Neways, if i do get arounding to rocking this look, i'll be sure to post pictures...otherwise, i'll STILL be sure to post pictures. lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...