Saturday 22 September 2012

Awesome friendships!..or NOT!

If you closed your eyes and had to count 10 friends who you knew will always have your back, regardless the circumstances, would you make up the number?

All my life i've had four bestfriends...yes, two from primary school, one form Junior high, and one from senior high school. My definition of a bestfriend: a person that is like a sister/brother from another mother (or even the same mother) who you can share your worries, joys, achievements, frustrations and special occassions with; one who won't judge you unnecessarily, except of course it is to put in on the right path (it's ok for my bestfriend to tell me if i'm heidously and inappropriately-dressed to an event, its ok for them to tell me if the comment i passed was not in good taste, infact its ok for them to tell me if they think my choice of relationships with the opposite sex is questionable.

I'm one who cherishes my friends, especially my bestfriends. I like to go all out for them and make it a point to keep in confidence whatever they ask me to, so it goes beyond heartbreak for me when those so-called bestfriends cannot reciprocate...hey i've only four...and 3 of them betrayed my friendship.  The one thing i cannot stand the most is my bestfriend becoming a gossip- the subject ME! 

Ok, so you're guessing what happened to my last bestfriend? Interestingly, we're STILL bestfriends, time and distance have kept us apart and not communicating much lately, however, but that's the beauty of our friendship..knowing secret's i shared a safe.  Ironically my only remaining bff ia a guy. yep, the other three who turned out to be fake were all girls. That got me wondering how much truth there is to the saying "Women are their own enemies?".

What do you look for in your bffs?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...