Monday 18 January 2016

Woaaa! Where did the time go?

Holy Moses!

It's been 2 years and some days of being on a blogging hiatus. To think I did not even make an announcement! Where did my manners go? I hope I am forgiven?
I'm staring at the screen of my laptop right now, wondering why and how I have allowed this to happen?

About 5 years ago, when I was still yet unmarried, I had made a solemn vow to myself that I would never let myself go after marriage and childbirth. I used to wonder why some married women and mothers had earned the privilege of sharing descriptive characteristics with a certain unicellular organism that moves itself along by literally "flowing itself into self-made projections of its cell wall...yep, that's the expression, "amoeboid"- you that shapelessly shapeful "thingy"?  Sadly I have come to appreciate Lady Reverend Adelaide Heward-Mills' words in a sermon she preached( pardon me, i do not remember the title. I had chanced upon her preaching while scanning channels on the car radio) where she empathized, "Oh do you think any woman gets up and wants to let herself go?, No! "wob3nyini ab3to"(literally meaning you shall grow to see)- paraphrased.


I must confess my two-year hiatus has not been without drama. Trust me i have had enough drama to last a season of 'Friends". Let me just say, while I pick my lessons from not judging others prematurely, that I am resolved to make small changes that see me blogging a little more this year. I realise that indeed while Rome was not built in a day, it was certainly built..one day at a time!

While I go about building my Rome, I plan to share bits and pieces of the drama and lessons I have experienced and learned. I'll save the juice for my next post. In the mean time, let's make a deal, shall we? How about you nudge me when you notice a deja vu of a hiatus crawling in huh? Deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...